Seeing as today is the last day of 2011, it is almost required that we reflect on this year's events and how things have evolved. I usually love to make a list so here it is:
- finished my BBA degree - major: accounting
- finally developed healthy eating habits & exercise routines
- thoroughly expanded my knowledge & passion for fashion
- finally gotten over my state of "jadedness"
- hung up my partying shoes (night of Steve Aoki)
- realized the responsibilities I have to my family and the ways in which they are important
- got closer to some friends, made new ones, and left the bad ones
- stayed out of the drama bubble
- saw my long-time friend Vicky get married
- saw Skrillex, Rihanna, J Cole, and The Black Keys live
- tried out yoga and loved it
Year upon year, it has always been about the experiences for me. To learn, to grow, and to be grateful for it. I was feeling like I haven't accomplished a whole lot in 2012 because my weekends weren't all too eventful and I was falling to a routine at times. However, now that I'm reflecting on it, I realize that I have been working on my university career this year, instead of my social life. I also realize that there will always be room to develop and grow in both those areas and the experience is what really matters. That is the beauty in it all! So everyone put your drinks up, here's to 2012!